Chen-ou Liu's Translation Project: First English-Chinese Haiku and Tanka Blog

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Nostalgia vs. Chen-ou Liu: A Gogyohka Sequence

in memory of John Lennon (9 October 1940 – 8 December 1980)

nostalgia
whispers Yesterday
into my ear
seeing her moon face
I raise my hand...

there are a few
minor scuffles between me
and nostalgia
no arrest warrant
by the Thought Police

nostalgia
shows me her Colgate
smile
Let It Be
sung loud on the radio

Imagine...
the threads of a thousand poems
dangle
on the tip of a crescent moon
over my attic

Bed-ins for Peace:
nostalgia and I face to face
mouth on mouth
later legs tangled with legs
only then are we a single dream


anthologized in Many Windows (Magnapoets Anthology, #4)

Note: This poem sequence was written after I watched The U.S. vs John Lennon