Chen-ou Liu's Translation Project: First English-Chinese Haiku and Tanka Blog

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

The most famous person in the world by far

One Hundred Twenty-Fourth Entry, Coronavirus Poetry Diary

"'Oh, no, I'm not. I'm the second,' I said. Then my guest leaned toward me and asked, 'Who's more famous?' I replied, (the President pauses for a moment, and a silence reigns over the amphitheater ), 'Jesus Christ.'" 

In the North Carolina sunshine, this almost-totally barefaced crowd roars its approval as the President claps his hands, smiling.

piles of Jesus Saves
and Donald Trump Four More Years ...
new surge of cases


FYI: The Hill, October 15Trump says only Jesus Christ more famous than him

Added:

a crescent moon
on the Chicago River ...
Biden-Harris
in blazing blue letters
over Trump on the Tower 

FYI: In 2014, the Trump Tower installed a huge "Trump" sign on its building that is located in the middle of a touristy attraction along the Chicago River.

Added:

for Kamala Harris 

a black woman
dances in a Florida downpour
rain or shine
democracy waits
for no one

FYI: The Indian Express, Oct. 20: Kamala Harris dances in the rain, Twitterati can’t have enough of it