Chen-ou Liu's Translation Project: First English-Chinese Haiku and Tanka Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2022

Bible-Heavy Words Tanka

reading between the lives and writing between the lines, XXX
written in response to The Guardian, Nov. 6: "He was chosen:" the rightwing Christian roadshow spreading the gospel of Trump: Part Trump rally, part religious service, and much conspiracy theory thrown in – on the eve of the midterms,

my neighbor fights back
with bible-heavy words,
Trump's the real deal ...
yes, the consequences are real
I respond with a poker face


Note: For more, see my "To the Lighthouse" post, Character/Persona Tanka


Added: written in response to US midterm election results

alone again
I open the window
to night sounds ...
this blast of "not a red wave"
from the white neighbour next door

FYI: Siasat, Nov. 10Red wave turned into ripple but uncertainty grips US 

I think if they win, I should get all the credit and if they lose, I should not be blamed at all.
-- Donald Trump's remark on his handpicked candidates


Added: written in response to Siasat, Nov. 10Red wave turned into ripple but uncertainty grips US 

not a red wave 
but just a ripple ...
this surging sea
of MAGA-hat Trump-lites
lingers in my patient's head


Added

mile after mile of barbed wire penetrating a migrant's dream