Chen-ou Liu's Translation Project: First English-Chinese Haiku and Tanka Blog

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Valentine's Day and Night

a teen couple 
share one chocolate heart ...
me and my shadow

dim TV light
my dog licks chocolate crumbs
I left behind



Added: a tanka sequel

I share 
one chococlate heart
and Valentine poems
with my post-divorce date ...
her scent on my fingers


AddedThis Brave New World, CXLII

this year 45 days old
in the breezy sunshine
49th mass shooting 


FYI: Most of the mass shootings don't make the news in the US (CBC News, Feb. 14)

And The Philadelphia Inquirer, Feb. 15: Gunfire at Chiefs’ Super Bowl celebration kills 1 and wounds nearly two dozen, including children: 

Parades, rallies, schools, movies. It seems like almost nothing is safe,” Kansas City Mayor Quinton Lucas said.